What is Google Search Console?
Google Search Console (previously Google Webmaster Tools) is a free web service by Google for webmasters. It allows webmasters to check indexing status and optimize visibility of their websites.
As of May 20, 2015, Google re-branded Google Webmaster Tools as Google Search Console. In January 2018, Google introduced a new version of the Search Console, with a refreshed user interface and improvements.
Features of Google Search Console :
- Submit and check a sitemap
- Write and check a robots.txt file
- Accurate data
- Image click count more accurate
- Get a list of links which Google bot had difficulty crawling.
- Rich Cards a new section added, for better mobile user experience.
- The reports are up-to-date and provides the latest information possible.
- Sub domains are regarded as separate entities by Search Console and need to be added separately.
- Search Analytics reports assign all clicks, impressions, and other search data to a single, complete host name
What is Google Search Console? < SEO