BigQuery Wiki – RESTful Web Service
BigQuery is a fast RESTful web service that enables interactive analysis of massively large data sets working in conjunction with Google Storage. It is an Infrastructure as a Service that may be used complementarily with MapReduce.
Language : English
Owner : Google
Registration : Required
Website : cloud.google.com/products/bigquery/
Type : Infrastructure as a service
Launched : May 19, 2010
Current status : Active
Key Features :
- Managing data – create and delete tables based on a JSON-encoded schema, import data encoded as CSV or JSON from Google Storage.
- Query – the queries are expressed in a standard SQL dialect and the results are returned in JSON with a maximum reply length of approximately 128 MB, or an unlimited size when large query results are enabled.
- Integration – BigQuery can be used from Google Apps Script(e.g. as a bound script in Google Docs), or any language that can work with its REST API or client libraries.
- Access control – is possible to share data sets with arbitrary individuals, groups, or the world.
- After a limited testing period in 2010, BigQuery was generally available in November 2011 at the Google Atmosphere conference.
- In 2014, MapR introduced the Apache Drill project, which was meant to solve similar problems.
- BigQuery provides an external access to the Dremel technology, a scalable, interactive ad hoc query system for analysis of read-only nested data.
BigQuery Wiki < RESTful Web Service