America Movil Wiki
America Movil is a Mexican telecommunications corporation headquartered in Mexico City, Mexico. It is the seventh largest mobile network operator in terms of equity subscribers and one of the largest corporations in the world. America Movil is a Forbes Global 2000 company.
Company Overview of America Movil :
- Stock price : AMXL (BMV)
- Revenue : 4,734.6 crores USD (2016)
- Headquarters : Mexico City, Mexico
- CEO : Daniel Hajj Aboumrad (Oct 2000–)
- Subsidiaries : Telcel, Telmex, Claro, TracFone Wireless, Inc., NET, MORE
- Parent organisation : Carso Global Telecom
- It also provides data services, such as Internet access, messaging, and other wireless entertainment and corporate services; data transmission, email services, instant messaging, content streaming, and interactive applications; and data center, data administration, and hosting services to residential and corporate clients, as well as residential broadband services.
- A venture of Carlos Slim, America Movil provides services to 289.4 million wireless subscribers, 34.3 million landlines, 22.6 million broadband accesses and 21.5 million PayTV units as of the end of 2014.
- With assets of over $67 billion (As of April 2012), the company is currently the largest company in Mexico by assets with Banorte very closely behind them with assets of over $59 billion (As of April 2012) It is highly likely that the company will buy a group of companies with at least $29 billion in assets in 2013 in the pension, insurance, payroll, currency exchange and mutual funds industries to secure their position as the most asset rich company in Mexico.